Writing/Editing. Writes, edits and fact-checks using AP style and in-house style guides.
Online Content Management. Creates and posts SEO-optimized articles using WordPress or Joomla content management systems. Sends newsletters using mass-mailing software (MailChimp and Silverpop). Analyzes content performance and plans future content using Google programs (Analytics, Webmaster Tools, AdWords). Engages audience on social media, primarily Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Software. Is proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Photoshop, InDesign, Google Drive, Egnyte, Skype, Slack, Outlook, Gmail and more.
Relationships. Collaborates and interacts with other departments, writers and photographers, and readers. Maintains professional relationships, working well individually and as a part of a team.
Organization. Is self-motivated, extremely organized, flexible and highly productive in fast-paced environments. Accurate and efficient; adept at prioritizing projects to meet deadlines.
Dogs in Review Magazine. September 2012 to Present – Lumina Media (formerly I-5 Publishing), Irvine, Calif.
– Coordinates production of the monthly Dogs in Review magazine. Assigns articles and coordinates with contributors to get high-quality content in on time. Copyedits and prepares all content for designer, which includes writing headlines, subtitles, sidebars and captions, and selecting appropriate photographs.
– Grew social media presence from less than 10,000 followers to more than 128,000 on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Posts 10 to 15 articles monthly to DogsinReview.com. Prepares content for monthly email newsletters sent to more than 3,000 recipients.
– Assists with other company-owned magazines, including Dogster and Catster. Participates in content planning, writing, editing, covering live events on social media, taking photos and videos, and coordinating photo shoots.
– Organized and coordinated the production of Aquarium Fish International magazine and four annual magazines: Ponds USA, Aquarium USA, Marine & Fish USA and Coral & Reef USA.
– Edited all content, wrote original content, and created sidebars and infographics for each monthly issue.
– Posted and/or edited more than 250 articles annually on FishChannel.com.
Autograph Magazine. January 2008 to June 2008 ─ Autograph Magazine, Santa Ana, Calif.
– Wrote a feature article, edited articles, wrote news items and followed up with authors for each monthly issue.
– Posted the table of contents online, created and sent the monthly newsletter, and fact-checked celebrity addresses.
– California State University, Long Beach
– Bachelor of Arts in English: Creative Writing
– Certificate in Technical and Professional Writing
– Graduated May 2008 with a grade point average of 3.975 (summa cum laude)
*DogChannel.com and FishChannel.com’s content has been migrated to Petcha.com.